Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Right Questions



Currently reading:
The Right Questions: Ten Essential Questions to Guide You to an Extraordinary Life
by Debbie Ford

Salient points: The Right Questions

1. Will this choice propel me toward an inspiring future… or will it keep me stuck in the past?
You are either moving forward or you are moving backward. There is no middle ground.

2. Will this choice bring me long-term fulfillment… or will it bring me short-term gratification?
It is vital that we recognize and tend to our unmet needs, lest they drive us to forsake our long-term vision in favor of short-term gratification. Allow yourself to give up something you want, for something you want more.

3. Am I standing in my power… or am I trying to please another?
In order to stand fully in our own power, we have to become comfortable with confrontation. We have to give ourselves permission to rock the boat and make waves. We must trust that it is more important that we stand up for ourselves than that we gain the approval of others.

4. Am I looking for what’s right… or am I looking for what’s wrong?
Finding fault with others is the lazy person's out. By focusing on what's wrong, we avoid taking responsibility. Looking for what's right opens our hearts and allows us to live in a state of gratitude for what we have.

5. Will this choice add to my life force… or will it rob me of my energy?
We are either growing or dying, expanding for contracting. Our life force is our connection to our passion and our vitality. When our life force is strong we exude the brilliance and beauty of our true nature.

6. Will I use this situation as a catalyst to grow and evolve… or will I use it to beat myself up?
"Life is a teacher to the wise man, and an enemy to the fool."

7. Does this choice empower me… or disempower me?
When you make choices that empower you, you experience a deep inner knowing that you are exactly where you need to be. When you are moving full speed in the direction of your desires, taking action, letting go, and being in perfect alignment with the universe, you are empowering yourself and your life.

8. Is this an act of self-love… or is it an act of self-sabotage?
When you love yourself you feel worthy and deserving of claiming the gifts of this world. It gives you the confidence to stand up and ask for what you want. It means making choices that you feel good about on a day-to-day basis...being proud of your choices and your actions.

9. Is this an act of faith… or is it an act of fear?
Fear shuts us down, while faith opens us up. If we choose to live in faith, we will be blessed with the support and the partnership of the universe.

10. Am I choosing from my divinity… or am I choosing from my humanity?
We all have the ability to access our divinity and share it with the world. Coming from the perspective of our divinity means that we consciously access the highest place within ourselves before making choices that will affect ourselves, others, and the world.

No comments: