Sunday, November 14, 2010

I find my emotions run high this week.

Understatement, I know.

Feelings pass, like clouds in the sky. I am trying not to do anything I might regret.

I am hoping some semblance of us survives this. We are both hoping to emerge friends. When I am not hateful or breaking down in tears, we are still the person who knows the other best in the world.

He says this is the most painful thing he's ever had to do, that if he'd had a gun he would have just ended it. I told him he doesn't get off that easy. He's doing this to us, and he had better do something with it, he'd better see it through.

He says we both know who the bigger person is here.

None of it helps, tho, y'know? 32 years old and all alone, and no matter how many guys tell you that you're the best thing that ever happened to them, it doesn't change a goddamn thing.

1 comment:

Cyndi Jean said...

I know you don't know me and you may want to delete this (and that's fine)...but I wanted you to know I understand...

I am in this very same place ( or similar ) righ at this very moment.

32...alone...heartbroken...so sad it evelopes you whole.

I'm sure the stories are different, but the emotions are similar.

I told a girlfriend I wanted to go to bed, pull the covers over my head and never get up again. She said this:

"Love yourself for a while, whatever that means to you. Cooking, exercising,eating, sleeping, shopping...whatever it is. Give yourself a time frame for this so that once you're done, you're done. Then "do you". Find your smile, your peace and your happiness again, whatever it takes. Life is too short to spend too much of it mourning over the loss of something you can't change."

I'm not sure this helps you, but I wanted share. Sending good thoughts your way...