Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pages from my journal

Last night we went to Dalrock because DJ was supposed to be there. I was tired and Patrick had arranged from time at the driving range after work, so after we got home I napped while he headed off the McKinney. Nic and co. arrived at Ferdie's house shortly before he did, so Jen and Nic hung out, as did Frankie and Izzy, and Junior and Jet, While Ferdie, Patrick and Chris practiced at the driving range.

Afterwards he came by for me and he headed to Dalrock. Nic and family were already there, making plans to watch the last show of Thor. DJ didn't get there till 10, with Auntie Nenette (?Jeanette) and brother in tow. She;'d just completed her nurse practitioner degree, and her brother's graduating in December. Her mom kept bugging me about not having kids yet, till we finally left, and I cried. No, they don't know.

~*~*~*

Things are bad again, I don't know why. For the second time, my emotions are welling up, as If it's all fresh again. I mourn my lost years, I see no future to look forward to, and building a new life for myself seems like oh so much work, it's all so exhausting, I just want to give up...I look to the black sleep, to the peaceful oblivion of death, and it seems the easier, more sensible alternative.

~*~*~*

They say the day after Friday the 13th is lucky. I hope so. I am so tired.

I've actually been pretty lucky the past week or two, though I can't feel too cheery about it these days. Got free passes and upgrades at the advanced screenings to Bridesmaids and Thor, and free tickets to Twist and Shout. Not to mention the Test Scanning project I've been on at work: tedious but all-around so much better than my usual week at work.

I met a pretty interesting lady at work the other day. I wish we'd met ten years ago, and I hope to be her in ten years' time. I lost her card, but when I have time I'll probably look her up on FaceBook.

No comments: