Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Pics from my shoe rack

What's old is new again. Again.

While going through some of the yet-unpacked boxes in the garage, i came across a pair of brown Guccis I don't recall owning. The right heel was missing, which is why I stopped using them, i guess.

Having a pair of Italian-made, leather-soled designer shoes collecting dust in a garage is sacrilege of the highest order for a shoe gal, so I looked up the nearest shoe guy at whitepages.com and dropped off the injured heels last Wednesday. "Joe" said they'd be ready for me Thursday or Friday, and that I only needed to call ahead.

We dropped by unannounced earlier today and they still weren't ready. I waited in the shop for fifteen minutes while he fixed them up for me, and while Patrick went to the ATM to withdraw cash because the shop's card reader's been down for the past month.

The air in the shoe repair place was so heavy with cigarette smoke that I feel I smoked a Marlboro red to the filter. Now my poor shoes smell like an ashtray, but at least they're back home with me.

My new-found Guccis, $7.50 (cost of heel replacement surgery):















Made in Italy, baby!















~*~*~*
Speaking of SATC shoes, we stopped by DSW again today and I found the same chiffon cascade ruffle shoes as before, in lavender this time. Apparently they look so much better in a soft pastel as opposed to a neutral.

My Carriesque XOXO Daniella shoes, clearance priced at $9.98 from $49.89:














XOXO DANIELLA















~*~*~*
NEW YORK TRANSIT PEEP TOES, $13 at Ross Dress for Less














I love love love these shoes!

~*~*~*
Nine & Company velvet embellished flats, $8.97 from $49.99 at Kohl's.















~*~*~*
Kelly & Katie loafers (pics from eBay)














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your gucci shoes.

the class is called "culture, ecology, and politics." my teacher is a really intense mexican agroecologist. it's awesome.

my head hurts.

-h

faerah said...

=)

i like that they're a classic style, and they are to my feet what Isotoner gloves are to my hands.

do try to get as much out of the course as possible; it sounds immensely stimulating.