Saturday, April 07, 2007

It's snowing today.

The day before Easter. In Texas.

Ah well. We're off to the in-laws tonight. Some friends of the family are in town for the next week or so. One couple's from Vancouver, the other from LA, and they are raving about the in-laws' house, which would easily be worth a cool million in their respective cities. They only vaguely comprehend that there are no Filipino stores around here, though.

I'm bringing flan tonight, as it is always well-received -- even by the best of cooks. I don't doubt that (aside from dinner) Patrick, Dean and I will be spending the rest of the evening playing Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. It's a Warhammer 40k RTS, and our latest LAN party game.

~*~*~*

In other news, the cat and dog are behaving like, well, cats and dogs. The cat's always trying get get at Cocoa's food, and Cocoa's always offending the cat by trying to sniff at its um, rectum.

But at least they're both eating, unwounded, and in good health.

~*~*~*

I'm definitely doing "Reflection" from Mulan, but I haven't decided if I'm doing the soundtrack version (Lea Salonga's) or the pop one (a la Christina Aguilera). I'm favoring the former.

I still need an up-tempo song. Current favorites are Cher's "The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss)" and Deniece Williams' "Let's Hear It For The Boy".

~*~*~*

I'm going to work tomorrow, if only for a few hours. I was planning on bringing the second flan, but I'm beginning to think there won't be any leftovers.

No comments: