Saturday, March 15, 2008

handy girl

This past week I'd grown tired of asking Patrick that we stop by Home Depot for a part to fix the toilet with. Yesterday I bought what apparently is called a flapper, and this morning I installed it. I'm so proud of myself.

~*~*~*

Saw August Rush last night, and -- being a music girl -- wanted to like it more than I actually did. The movie asks you to suspend so much disbelief and the plot twist are so contrived I was squirming in my seat egging the main characters to look around, to figure it out. The ending wasn't so much an uplift as merely a relief.

~*~*~*

Just finished Lipstick Mafia 103. All affairs are the same: Kirby and Nico, Carrie and Big...how quickly they go from steamy to seedy. I hate the harassment twist, and though I'd love to love Brooke Shields as Wendy, she's unbelievably tentative and annoying.

No comments: