Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Things I try to remind myself

Revisited "The King's Speech" to reinforce my own voice. I've cried so much today. There are things I know but don't always remember:

I have a voice.

Looking good and living well, are the best revenge. And the best prescription.

Too much time and energy are wasted on feeling sad and sorry for oneself. Life sucks. Deal with it.

There is still beauty in the world; life is what you make it.

Women in particular waste a good deal of time and energy on people who don't care about us, and who we don't care about. Life is too short to squander it on things that just don't matter.

Comparing oneself to others is pointless and demeaning.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

i thought about my last comment and thought that it might have been insensitive, I guess I was just incensed at...who we won't mention here, anyways, as with any loss, and without getting too too technical, there's that Kubler-Ross model, that you'll still kinda follow more or less...of course there's no right or wrong/textbook way to grieve, you'll sort through your emotions one by one, and come to terms with the situation, on your own, uh, terms, and in you're own good time...don't worry, you'll be fine! Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, bumper sticker and the fridge magnet!!!