Monday, April 11, 2011

Zumba!

Just got back from my first-ever Zumba class, and my first-ever visit to Lifetime Fitness. I already love it. It's an awesome place - as impressive as the lifestyle gym in the Tim Allen movie "Joe Somebody". It has a happy, healthy atmosphere that seems more dedicated to a well-rounded life than the pursuit of a bodily ideal.

I'm batting two-for-two as far as workouts lifting my spirits. I should know this. I never look forward to going, but I definitely feel better afterwards.

I'd love to join up with Lifetime, but it's sooo expensive - almost five times the monthly fee at my previous gym, just for the basic individual payment.

Zumba was amazing and surprising: 667 calories, 6760 steps and though I got tired about fifteen minutes in, I was fine after half an hour.

Personal observation: people around me gave me extra space. On a dance floor, that can be a good or bad thing.

No comments: