Sunday, August 14, 2011

It is a shameful thing, these thoughts one should not have, but come unbidden: I hope I don't wake up tomorrow.

It is easy to pretend, but I am still not well.

I know now the two things that would complete me, but they are so far off, they might as well be a lifetime, a world away. It is just too hard. And, ten years from now, having spent what little remains of my time, my energy, my lifeforce on a silly piece of paper - what of me then?

I am making my way through "Game of Thrones". The current episode: 6, if you must know, "A Golden Crown" has me crying...as Daenerys wins over the Dothraki people, as Bran finds he can explore the world still...

Of the violent, visceral series I've been delving in lately: Dexter, Game of Thrones, I find that while it's the stories of the leading men that might pull me in, it's the journeys of the extraordinary women that keep me. Game of Thrones has Daenerys and Arya, and I while I enjoy watching them grow, I fear for them, and hope they might carve a place for themselves in this cruel world.

No comments: