Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Books and such

I recently finished Tom Clancy's "The Teeth of the Tiger", followed by "Dead or Alive".

The first book's chapter on the mall attack made me cry, and the description of the twins' foodie tour of Europe gave me mad cravings.

The second book's telling of the Ranger raid of the cave, and the Rainbow Six hostage rescue at the embassy had my heart pounding. And the death of one of the major characters made me really, really sad.

~*~*~*

A few of my FaceBook friends are into "Game of Thrones" (TV) and "A Song of Fire and Ice" (book). I've decided to take in the HBO version first, as I am placed #53 on the hold list for the first book at the local library, and it'll be two weeks before I receive my online order of the four-book series.

I find the series to be super sexy, dark and deeply character-driven. I also love that doggie-style is all the rage in the Seven Kingdoms, lol.

No comments: