Saturday, March 10, 2007

4 wisdom teeth extracted today.

All I've had to eat since dinner last night has been one bottle of Ensure, a single Lay's potato chip and the filling from one Totino's pizza roll.

I was in the dentist's office at 12:40 pm, and all done by 1:30. Got home and slept till 5, and am fine for the most part. If I feel like I have gauze in my mouth, it's because I do.

Two of the extracted teeth came out whole and quite pretty. The other two had to be removed in two large pieces.

At this point I'm only taking penicillin, and rinsing every 6 hours with chlorhexidine gluconate. I have hydrocodone tabs on standby in case I need them for pain, and promethegan suppositories in case the hydrocodone makes me nauseous. Luckily I'm not in any pain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much did it cost you? a range is fine.

faerah said...

The total was $1982.

extractions at $345 each x 4 = 1380
First 30 mins of sedation/analgesia = 286
each additional 15 mins. cost $79 x 4 = 316
Yes, they charged me for an hour and a half, even though I was under sedation for less than an hour.

1380 + 286 + 316 = 1982

Insurance covered $1000, so my out-of-pocket expense was 982, plus the cost of meds ($76.06).