Thursday, March 29, 2007

I have sensitive skin.

Who knew?

The $7 foundation I smeared on for the fashion show left me with tiny adult acne all across my forehead, and a large red bump on the tip of my nose that instantly brings to mind Rudolph, the Red-nosed Reindeer. Thankfully, no one at the store commented on my new growth. Until today, that is, and only because Ate Jerushah wanted to commiserate.

Customers have been most kind. Yesterday some old guy approached me, asking where the desk clocks were. I gave him directions, after which he apologized, "I knew that. You know men -- we look for any excuse to talk to a pretty lady."

This isn't vanity, in case you were wondering. It's just incredible and humbling that even on a week when I have particularly bad skin and frizzy hair, I get unexpected compliments. And yeah, I can't help but think that maybe I just look like I need them.

No comments: