Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas fudge

I made a quadruple batch of fudge (half plain, half rocky road) on Christmas Eve. A quarter went to Blanca, another quarter to Luz. We shared another fourth during our last break, remainder of which I gave to Lida when I learned that it was her birthday.

Of what was left, half was gifted to the in-laws, and the rest we kept. I wish I'd taken pictures.

~*~*~*

Christmas has been postponed for us until the 27th. I worked yesterday, Patrick worked last night, and we'll both be working overnight tonight.

Knowing that she'd have to work this weekend, Luz insisted that her family go to Disney World without her. Just because she wasn't free to travel didn't mean that they had to stay. Her hubby and two sons left for Orlando today, and will be back by the end of the week. Before leaving, Kevin, the younger boy, advised her, "Mom, while we're gone, have fun! This whole house is yours, and you're free to do whatever you want: stay up late, have sleepovers...anything you want to do."

We agree that Kevin should never be allowed free reign of the house.

We do like the sleepover suggestion, though. Since Patrick will be working overnight on Monday, and Luz and I are off on Tuesday, Luz, Blanca and I have decided to have a little slumber party Monday night. It's kinda funny: three grown, married women having the pajama party they never experienced growing up. I think all we'll be doing is eating Domino's Pizza and watching "Calendar Girls".

~*~*~*

My new Filipina coworker, who never speaks to me, asked if I want to hang out sometime. "Sorry, I don't drive." It's always been a convenient fallback. "It's okay; I do." Apparently she lives about ten minutes away and has Filipino friends. Kung seloso ba daw asawa ko.

No comments: