Thursday, August 24, 2006

much ado about nothing

i.e., the final word on a non-incident that both parties agree really wasn't worth it.

I flew off the handle today, telling off a co-worker over something as simple as a portable printer. It was, I am told, completely out of character. In hindsight, I must agree that it was an unnecessary outburst.

Dear reader, I'm sorry if I seem too "Dear Diary" today, but I'd like to vent my frustrations.

Here's how it works: if I value our relationship/day-to-day interaction/what-have-you, and you piss. me. off., I will let you know -- ideally in a constructive way -- so we can begin to repair the damage, or correct the misunderstanding. If, on the other hand the misstep is a deal-breaker, then I chalk it up to experience and move on.

In this instance, what could have been a simple mistake revealed unapologetic deceit later compounded by complete indifference. Which burned the most, really. I mean, if you tell someone, with some disappointment, "I trusted you", in what world is the correct answer "Why did you even bother?"

Serves me right for trying to help you out, asshole.

No comments: