Tuesday, May 09, 2006

an evening of discontent

Over time, familiarity with the vicissitudes of your obsessive-compulsive/addictive personality will teach you the prudence of second-guessing yourself: that, when you find yourself pushing for more, more (just one more, please), the necessary recourse is to do without.

In two months' time I've undone six months of diet and exercise. I find myself planning the next sugar fix. Will it be the Mochi, ice cream sandwiches or popsicles from the freezer; or will I be snacking on black forest cake or glazed danishes from the fridge?

The new capris I bought just last Wednesday don't fit anymore. I just want to stuff my face.

~*~*~*

The evening breeze is warm as a lover's body. Lightning flickers in distant clouds. I felt a twinge of pain in the lump in my breast as I was walking the dog, and it occurred to me that the last time I'd seen a doctor was the last time I'd had it checked. Almost ten years ago.

~*~*~*

Check out the brutally honest "Grating Cards" featured on The Cool Hunter.

No comments: