Sunday, July 02, 2006

4th of july weekend

yesterday i walked Cocoa at 8:30 p.m., and it was as though I were on Mars. The pink sunset tinged everything rose.

Alex said I looked...different, in jeans. I think that was a compliment.

Some guy asked where to find something and as I leaned slightly and pointed to the shoe polish he leaned toward me too and looked at me over his shades. Here's a hint, buster: being cute only works if you actually are cute to begin with.

Friday, 30 minutes before I had to go home, I was told I needed to set 20 feet of backpacks. Yesterday, my assistant manager said she wanted my bin cleared of open packages: a week-long project (if i did solely that) she was asking that I finish in two days, basically, on top of the usual freight/zoning/BAM screen. Today, an hour and a half before I needed to clock out, 6-day-old modulars (not mine) came to light. I left work almost an hour late.

I was standing in line at the checkouts and a guy and a girl in front of me got to know each other. No, not in that way. He mentioned he was new to the area and was looking for a friendly church to get involved in. She recommended hers and gave her name so he could look her up on myspace. Myspace.

It's surprising how many people go to church. I didn't realize I was in such a minuscule minority.

No comments: