Wednesday, July 12, 2006

hausfrau

We didn't know until yesterday what Patrick's schedule would be, and mine was made three weeks in advance so our off-days don't match anymore. Having Patrick away at work while I stay here has me feeling very wifely, and I've spent my day cooking, cleaning and doing laundry.

Patrick comes home for lunch when I'm here. Lunch was pot roast, and dinner will be chili, which I've got simmering on the stove right now. It's hot, and Cocoa's bored. I think there's something wrong with our a/c. Patrick put in a service request this morning, but no one's stopped by yet.

It's very odd spending the entire day with Cocoa, with no one else here, and no TV or computer game in the background. She farts a lot. Or, a lot more than I realized. She also lays down on the carpet and looks doleful as you sit at the computer, sneaking glances every so often to see if she's having an effect.

1 comment:

atypicalhaze said...

chores are so therapeutic. everyone should do them. have you ever turned up the music really loud and done some weird tribal-ey dancing, or random limb-flailing? i think it's a result of le ma's whitney-houston-a-thons.