Sunday, July 30, 2006

toned down

Using Revlon Colorsilk #30 Dark Brown ($2.97 at Wal-Mart), I dyed my 7-month-old highlights to match my natural brown-black roots. It looks quite nice, if i do say so myself -- healthier sans the light-and-dark bands. I didn't distribute the color evenly, and so there are some lighter streaks, breaking up the unnaturally solid color that cheap all-over haircolor can give. I also added a few face-framing layers: bangs curling to meet my lips, and a second chin-length layer.

It's midnight and Cocoa's stretched out, fast asleep, on the carpet between our computer chairs. Patrick's playing CounterStrike. I should get some shuteye: I'm looking at an eight-day stretch this coming workweek, as Texas' tax-free weekend starts on Friday.

Tonight's Iron Chef battle was rather interesting: Iron Chef Morimoto vs. Seattle's Tom Douglas in Battle Salmon.

I want sushi. And sashimi. And crispy fish skins.

~*~*~*~

Speaking of sales...


Kenneth Cole has a fabulous men's shirt on sale for a great price: the Lawn Party shirt is only $26.99 from $128. Available in Cyan (L, XL, XXL) and Rusty (M, XL, XXL) while supplies last. Via Omiru.com.



I'm no bag lady, but I really like this Christian Louboutin Venus Satin Clutch. $891.22 at Net-a-Porter. Via The Purse Blog.

No comments: