Tuesday, July 18, 2006

get it right, people.

Because you do not google with yahoo.

Brand names

Unless your stuff are branded, do not call them...

Havaianas; they're just flip-flops.
Q-Tips; it says cotton swabs on the box.
Xerox machines; they're photocopiers.
Palm Pilots; they're PDAs. Or maybe your Pilot 1000 from '96 is still alive and clicking?
Cokes: I think you mean sodas or softdrinks. As in, "Pabili ng Coke: isang Pepsi, at isang Sprite." (I'll have some Cokes please: a Pepsi and a Sprite.) This seems to be a universal error. A friend from South Africa told me that they do the exact same thing over there.

RAS syndrome (Redundant Acronym Syndrome syndrome)

Please don't say:
ATM machine
PIN number
HIV virus

"SWAT team" (for Special Weapons and Tactics) is perfectly legitimate.
And no, I'm not asking you to do anything I don't do myself.

2 comments:

atypicalhaze said...

i'd never heard of havaianas until a few years ago. and they give me blisters between my toes, because they go cheap on the toe-band.

otherwise, guilty.

faerah said...

yeah, i used to get blisters too, when we first moved back to the phils. and i started wearing tsinelas.