Monday, July 10, 2006

unsexy

If ever i were to be ambushed by Stacy and Clinton of TLC's "What Not to Wear", it probably would have been today. I just went out in public in a cami-and-short set with red hearts. Well, not really. I dropped off a little something from Cocoa at the DogiPot station on the other side of our apartment building, and I threw an oversize T-shirt on my cutesy ensemble. The shirt was given to me by Luz that time that I sat on her damp passenger seat and soaked up spilled coffee that left a decidedly...organic smear across the seat of my khakis. Now that I think about it, it was almost a year ago, during inventory. The front of the tee reads "Jackson Hewitt Tax Service", and the back says, "If the IRS takes the shirt off your back, Jackson Hewitt will give you theirs". Very unsexy.

Which is just as well, since that's been the mood of late. I don't feel like working out, or eating right. My little tummy is marshmallowy and my thighs are pillowy. Last night I decided to do my nails for the first time in ages. It took me three hours and only my left hand turned out presentable.

Wore my little navy skirtsuit with the gold pinstripe to work today, with a red cami to match my "Revlon Red" nails, and my gold caged peep-toes to match the pinstriping and suit details. I also blew my hair out straight and should have felt sssssmokin'; instead I felt overdone and wilted in the Texas heat.

No comments: