Friday, August 12, 2005

i miss my youth.

there are days like this, of course. Days when I wonder how I got from there to here, how i could have been such a tremendous force of nature at one point and somehow gotten so small.

I do not hate my life, and god knows there was a time (somewhere between then and now) when i was so lost, i desperately hated myself and everything about my life. Still, i miss being youthful and optimistic and utterly convinced i could do and have anything, anything at all.

in case you were wondering, i was not a nice person. Nor was I all that happy. But there are days when i wouldn't mind feeling flawless and powerful and absolutely invincible.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i get that feeling every time i get a great haircut. :)

-halo

Anonymous said...

the invincible feeling, not the one wondering how i shrank (i'm paraphrasing here).

just thought i'd clear that up.

-halo

faerah said...

i know what you mean.

oh, and since you have a friend who's a stylist, shouldn't you be feeling that way fairly often?

f

Anonymous said...

i haven't talked to her in a while, plus she's working on getting a nursing degree now. or trying... or something. i really really suck at keeping in touch with people. i think it's getting to be a serious problem.

-halo

Anonymous said...

plus i'm going to regrow my hair, then maybe get it cut at the gene juarez training salon - it's cheap! - when i get back to school.

Anonymous said...

there are days when i wish i could be six years old again. my life seemed to make sense then.

that was the last time i felt happy with my hair, too.

- keith