Sunday, April 09, 2006

men are incorrigible

is it too much to ask that a guy's eyes not wander while he's speaking to a woman?

Don't get me wrong: I do understand that most guys feel a healthy appreciation for the opposite sex is every straight man's God-given right. It is, however, infuriating that I was talking to one of my coworkers this morning and he tuned out completely when a blonde in her thirties walked by. He just stopped talking or responding, and gawked for two minutes, after which time he turned to me as though there had been no awkward pause and said: "Damn she was hot. Did you see her?"

And again this afternoon, I was talking to another guy and some pretty teens passed by. He disappeared, then reappeared after a few minutes. "So, anyway..."


~*~*~*

Speaking of gawkers,

I was coming out of the Personnel Office as one of my saucier workmates saunters past with her sister. Behind them, one of the assistant managers is leaning back on his computer chair, hanging out the doorway with his mouth open, watching the pair strut down the hall.

Eeeyeeewwwwww.

~*~*~*

On a friend's misguided recommendation, I asked one of the above guys for wardrobe pointers. (Yesteday, before all of the above happened.) Along with some useful advice I got a little too much information. Like, "You won't believe how many times I've said to myself 'Man, I wish she would let me shop for her.' " And yes, I did tell him I was uncomfortable hearing that.


~*~*~*

My cellphone is missing. Someone called me from it this morning, but they hung up when I answered, then turned off the phone so I couldn't call it. I've had it disconnected. Please send me your numbers again. I'm going to adopt Patrick's phone, and he's going to be getting a RAZR.

No comments: