Wednesday, April 26, 2006

we have tv again

patrick upped the bandwidth on our comcast high-speed connection to facilitate counterstrike gameplay. Apparently the next step up for us (internet only, no cable tv) would have been more expensive and with less upload space than a tv+internet package. And so we have cable tv again.

Yesterday they featured Mark Cuban on G4's Icons. He is a creature outside my realm of understanding, a mystical being who seemingly craps out multimillion-dollar tech companies, the geek with Midas touch. The program's given me a lot to think about.

We just came back from yet another trip to DSW. I've been looking for black shoes for work for the past month. I brought home a pair of Voz Eva pumps I feel lukewarm about, all the more so because I broke the second of my shoebuying rules, which are:

Farah's Rules of ShoeBuying:

1. There is no such thing as a breaking-in period. The shoe must fit out of the box.
2. If you are not in love with the shoe while in the store, don't bring it home.

They are...okay,. and starting to grow on me, I guess. Not too crazy about the moc detail, but at least both uppers and soles are leather. I'm just really tired of looking for sensible black shoes, and not having any black pumps has been limiting my fashion choices.



Voz Eva peep toe pumps, $46.73 at Jaggers Wholesale. (approx. $35 at DSW)

We also bought some ice cube trays (Texas summers, hello) and side tables from IKEA:

Plastis, $1.99 -- all I saw were the arrows and the crosses. The hearts would have been cute, too.

















Lack in birch veneer, $12.99

No comments: