Wednesday, November 29, 2006

At the gym I find myself checking out other people's

Exercise form? No. Physiques? Ha. It's their shoes. I need a second serviceable pair of workout shoes.

~*~*~*

Caroline was at the gym during my workout. So much for slacking off today. She checked up on me when she'd finished her session with another trainee, and showed me how to use the squat machine. And despite all my griping I actually had a satisfying total-body workout. I still feel self-conscious, though. I wonder if it would help if I wore more flattering workout clothes, i.e., actual coordinated fitness outfits, as opposed to wardrobe rejects I was planning on donating to Goodwill because they are worn, stained or just plain ugly.

~*~*~*

Alice Cooper's Poison is sexyfabulous. (See lyrics below.) The vid was almost great, ruined only by the laughable ending.

~*~*~*

The birthday goodies keep on coming. Romano's Macaroni Grill emailed a coupon for a free piece of chocolate cake, which is fabulous because I still want that operatic birthday serenade. (I missed out last year because my birthday just happened to fall on their singer's day off.) And this morning while at work I got a call from American Laser Centers, and was told that I'd won $300 towards any of their laser hair removal or skin rejuvenation packages. If I sign up by tomorrow I can take advantage of their end-of-the-month specials: an additional $100 off plus a free microdermabrasion gift card. Too bad I don't have an extra grand lying around to splurge on unplanned laser hair removal.

No comments: