Saturday, November 11, 2006

strange dreams and pleasant surprises

It's nice outside today: sunny but chilly in the shade.

I've been sleeping irregularly once again, inciting strange patchwork dreams of half-formed thoughts.

I was singing to myself at the start of yesterday's shift when Cheryl asked if I sing in my sleep. Before sleeping last night I was browsing online for fragrances, of which I think I would like to sample "Ralph" by Ralph Lauren and "Angel" by Theirry Mugler.

In my dream people had stopped listening to my singing: they were tired of it, and would i please stop, they said. I pursed my lips and bit my tongue, and as I stepped outside and joined the pedestrians milling about the sidewalks I almost stumbled over a little girl with a beat-up suitcase. "Please," she said. "My mother died and I need the money." In the bag were perfume bottles. She had "Acqua di Gio", "Obsession", and "Ralph" but not "Angel".

I'm on Day 2 of South Beach Diet Phase One, and already down to 130 lbs, which was my target weight for Thanksgiving. All I really expected this week was to stall the continual gain. Either I'm dehydrated, or diets too come with some sort of placebo effect.

No comments: