Friday, November 24, 2006

no wonder patrick doesn't need to work out, and i do

I eat thrice as much as he does.

My throat is sore and I should have been home and in bed three hours ago, but I feel fine. I had three plates of Thanksgiving dinner: entrees x 2 plus one for all the desserts. Spent most of the evening singing karaoke. An adorable little pigtailed tot named Hannah sat two feet across from me, in rapt attention through my rendition of Hero (Wind Beneath My Wings). Then she stood up, tripped on the microphone cord and burst into tears. Awww.

Someone brought a mini-pinscher named Rocky who was so timid and quiet we couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I shredded turkey onto a dessert plate and fed him as he watched "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me".

Most of my evening was spent hogging the karaoke mic. There was a longhaired guy there who apparently is also a Matchbox 20 fan. He queued up and sang "Bent" and "Unwell" and I took "If You're Gone". Patrick and I weren't the last guests to arrive, but we were the last to leave. Towards the end of the party I made my way through the song listing to my old favorites: The Carpenters, Gloria Estefan and Jewel, including "Near You Always".

No comments: