Tuesday, June 20, 2006

tuesday

i walked Cocoa at 2 a.m. The crescent moon seemed large and heavy, a cantaloupe slice with a luminescent rind, hovering just above the brick wall that surrounds our apartment complex.

Cocoa is restless and whiny, uneasy that the shedding of her winter coat and her estrus - which usually come one after the other -- coincided this time around. I am doing what I can to make things easy for her, but there really isn't much.

I can't write for shit today.

We stopped by DSW, my favorite haunt. I came looking for something, not knowing what. I left disappointed, not having found it. The store seems flooded with Coach this month: bags and shoes each for a crisp Benjamin.

The three shoes on my mind: fuchsia Coach Sofia loafers, buttery-soft nude Aerosoles ballet flats, and olive-green suede Joan and David pointed flats that remind one of Marc Jacobs' Mouse shoe.

No comments: