Tuesday, September 06, 2005

finally back online!

so many posts begun in my head, then forgotten. In the meantime, nothing better than a little "tagging" courtesy of my younger-but-no-longer-littler sister. (When I remember, I'm annoyed that everyone in the family is taller than me.):

When you get "tagged," make a list of 5 songs that've been on repeat lately on your playlist, and briefly give an explanation of that song... then proceed to "tag" 5 of your faithful readers to do the same. (You should tag someone who is likely to read your blog!)

Lyrics links are my personal addition; i'd rather not explain a song when you can click your way to its lyrics anyway.

1. She's Got a Way - Billy Joel
Been crazy about this song lately, changing the gender and imagining i'll record it one day with a brief intro about how it best guesses at the inexpressible way my hubby makes me feel.

2. Broken Vow - Josh Groban
So many people seem to be breaking up lately, either amicably or wearily, having finally admitted that it's not working out. I do not press them -- they say what they want to -- but I imagine when singing this that I give voice to that which they dare not speak.

3. What Am I to You? - Norah Jones
I love the picturesque poetry and conveniently overlook the bids for reciprocity.

4. The Real Folk Blues- theme song, Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack
Spent the weekend at Anime Fest, and Cowboy Bebop DVD 1 arrived from Netflix a few days ago. Also, our cable tv was set up the other day and we've been watching the last few episodes of this series on Cartoon Network.

5. A Bit of Earth - "The Secret Garden"
I dunno. Something to do with moving in to a new place and wanting to nest, even though we've only signed a year's lease and should be working on moving into a house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mwahaha i'm sure you could match my towering height with some heels... i've given up heels for now. too many hills in seattle.

hm i've never heard of those songs - i'll download them when i get back to the u.

h

Anonymous said...

wtf i can't believe people would spam on blogs...

this is why i like mine.

Anonymous said...

h*

faerah said...

yeah really. which is why i've had to resort to word verification.