Thursday, September 01, 2005

logging off

This will probably be my last log-on for a few days.

I wanted to go to IKEA today for 99-cent breakfast plates and free massages but we're running short on time. We're only halfway moved-out and Anime Fest starts tomorrow. We're already going to miss out on half a morning on Saturday, when our cable TV access will be installed. Patrick will take care of the cable internet hookup once the TV is set up.

We're moving everything essential today: bathroom, closet, bedroom, computers. The miscellaneous items can wait till next week.

I've made my peace with Ms. Black Widow. She's alone, after all, and at this point it's more her home now than mine. She lives inside the stepladder, and hides when there are any sudden noises. She keeps to herself, and I respect that. I told the in-laws I saw her hanging from the ladder and that's that.

I don't know how we're going to bring Cocoa to the apartment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is cocoa afraid of vehicles? when we were moving to the east side, we somehow got leo (back when he was still pretty scary) into an overturned plastic milk bottle cart on the back of daddy's truck, then secured it with elastic things. he was quiet the whole time, even when we finally crossed the bridge and got here. i guess he enjoyed the view?

h

faerah said...

Cocoa was brought to this house by the in-laws, diapered and jumping all over the place, in the cargo space of their Montero.

We have a compact Japanese sports car.

I think it is so cute that your formerly-wild cat quietly enjoyed the ride to the new house. But I guess for a stray, being transferred is a strange and much-welcome change. Usually when a cat is caught and taken somewhere far by vehicle it's to make it fend for itself. Sad but true.