Saturday, September 24, 2005

it's not funny anymore

I'm seriously addicted to Guild Wars.

My mind wanders off to lush forests and icy peaks and scorching desert. In my dreams I calculate the fastest way to make more gold for my 15 plat armor, and wonder if I should simply complete the missions and ascend.

I am irritable, evasive about my use of time, and lack sleep. The dog, the hubby and chores about the house are beginning to show signs of neglect. I notice it all fall apart between quests. And then turn once again to the welcoming glow of the computer monitor, and immerse myself in a world of others' creation.

On the upside, I have been to droknar's forge and acquired the highest-level armor; reached level 20 (unascended, but a minor detail) and my pet will soon follow; and am testing various configurations of my monk build for coop play as well as solo farming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha.

i laugh at your disease.

i was like that with minesweeper, but not as severely. i think i'm missing the "addiction" gene that you seem to have gotten in abundance.

h

faerah said...

ah yes...some of us suffer our excesses that others might live normal lives...

Anonymous said...

you didn't have to evacuate, did you?

i don't even know where your city is...

h

faerah said...

i ym'ed you.