Wednesday, September 14, 2005

what's old is new again

i think college is coming back to haunt me.

first Alanis comes out with an acoustic re-recording of Jagged Little Pill, and now Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta-Jones are together in a Zorro sequel, "The Legend of Zorro".

i CANNOT wait.

!!!


********

i woke up this morning wanting to sing in japanese. And record myself. The results were...enlightening.

I realized that:
1. It's not a good idea to //sing first thing in the morning// in a language you don't speak// without vocalizing first,// and then record the result//and post it on the web. Naturally, that's what I did, and I stand behind my decision. About 50 yards behind.
2. My voice is weaker , raspier and more nasal than i thought.
3. I could pay closer attention to my diction. Too many unnecessary h's and z's.
4. I am so far away from ever having a singing career it's not even funny.
5. Speeding up a recording 100% fixes everything.

I sound like a Japanese chipmunk.

Ok fine i guess I should post the original as well. For comparative purposes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... it sounds like you're singing a tagalog song (because of the soft "d"s etc.). i took japanese two years ago, and only 1st year, so nothing sounds familiar.

i'm wary of the new zorro... the trailer doesn't look too exciting. :(

h