Friday, October 21, 2005

disquiet, distractions and the done deal

The day was just the way they like it around here: sunny but cool. The sky was a beautiful bright blue with barely a cloud, and it felt just right under the sunshine but if you stood in the shade you'd feel the autumn chill.

The carpet at work has been replaced with wood flooring, and now my area feels like a dance studio. It is brighter but colder somehow too. Also, there's been a policy change. No more PA's. There goes my chance of being accidentally discovered by a voice talent scout while paging for assistance at the jewelry counter.

I do not like this rollercoaster i've been on. I do not know what to ask for. To be let off, to figure things out for myself? Or to stay at the bottom, so i know it can't possibly get any worse?

Anger, resentment, fear, despair. Boredom, longing, disappointment. Useless. Inutile. Funny how it's the same in Tagalog. Inutil.

Too much to process. I could just be tired and sad and overworked and underused. It's possible too that i'm in mourning, since I've finally finished "Sex and the City". I'm gonna miss those fabulous, funny, sassy, vulnerable girls.

Patrick's been so very happy and excited about the new(-to-us) car. Check it out:


















Luz brought some really good crispy (!) peanut brittle today.

Currently I am Sam & Libby, Nine West, Naturalizer and Rampage with rubber or rubberized plastic soles. Someday I hope to be Manolo Blahnik, Christian Louboutin and Bottega Veneta with leather soles.

This made us laugh today, Patrick and I.
Dear God,

If it looks like a slim gray column, please hover over it until a square with an orange square and blue arrows appears. Click on said square to expand the pic.

Dear God, can I please win the lottery jackpot tonight? I've been betting for the past 12 years now and haven't won yet. I promise if i win, i will sing even though I am scared, and offer it all up to You. Even if I don't ever sing gospel or Christian music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked those "dear god" letters.

and while the car-speak is beyond my understanding, my eyes stopped glazing over when i saw the pictures. that is a good-looking car.

and i never knew patrick was into smilies that much :)

faerah said...

lol. believe me, it's the CAR.

the gearhead talk is for the benefit of the car forum people he created the page for. that i know if, this is the only time he's referred to himself as a fanboy.

the Benz isn't bad for an 8-year-old ride, huh?