Tuesday, October 04, 2005

the surprise

Over the weekend I called up my younger sister, who tells me that our parents' marriage seems to have caught a second wind. They might even (dare I say it?) love each other, after almost 30 years of marriage. It's very "Fiddler on the Roof", I know, and I am glad to hear of it.

The last time I moved back in with my parents, I was fleeing a relationship that was already over, though neither of us admitted it. Stupidly, I didn't want to be there to see it happen, so I left. To "sort things out".

My parents' own relationship wasn't faring much better. All the world was falling out of love, it seemed, reluctantly admitting that it's not working.

Even now, marriages are falling apart all around me, and my own relationship is changing. I have been so happy, things have been working out for us so far, and I am fearful of what these changes might mean. But knowing that Mommy and Daddy (yes, that's what I still call them) are falling back in love gives me hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, "mommy and daddy"...

awooblybooblyboo does wittle fawah want her wittle teddykins? agoo goo! yes she doos! oh yes she doos!

just getting you back for the psychological bullying. thanks, hermana.

h

faerah said...

lol...that's pretty much how i talk to Cocoa.

I'm trying to rid myself of the habit since she's almost a teen now.