Friday, October 07, 2005

they've broken in nicely, thank you very much


apparently i had no cause for concern. The new shoes are quite comfortable now. I've discovered the solution to the clenching problem: arch support. It seems that grade school ballet lessons gifted me with high arches in addition to above-average flexibility.

~*~*~*

An elegant lady gushed over my shoes. (I just love them!) These kicks were worth every penny.

One of my coworkers told me I didn't need a ride home (?) "Really, Farah. All you gotta do is click your heels together three times..."

Now I want red sequined heels too. Or maybe a Christian Louboutin shoe collection, so I can flash red no matter what color the uppers are.

~*~*~*

I felt like singing today.

= Dahil Sa Iyo (composed by Mike Velarde)

I have an inchoate* vision of myself playing the role of a glamorous lounge singer in a big-budget Filipino movie (HA!). It's a cameo role of course, since I'm already a famous singer in the dream. Maybe it's a grand hotel ballroom on New Year's Eve, and I'm being accompanied by a big band. In any case, I serenade the well-dressed crowd with this song while the hero and heroine dance and fall in love. Lakas mangarap, 'no?

= I Just Fall In Love Again (The Carpenters)
I've been told I could find work as a Karen Carpenter voice impersonator.

= It's Her or Me/Now That I've Seen Her (from Miss Saigon)
Though Kim is my dream role, I have a yet-unexplained affinity for the cold, unyielding American wife.

= In My Life (from Les Miserables)
...I thought this was pretty funny. I sang all four parts: Cosette, Marius, Eponine and Valjean. They sound alike.

* sorry, it was dictionary.com Word of the Day earlier this week

No comments: