Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Voiceover work is unexpectedly tricky.

It would be interesting to explore this avenue further. But as always, stage fright and lack of a driver's license stand between me and the dreams i might pursue.

Voice acting is still acting. And though I love romancing the mic, i am not at all comfortable with acting. Never took a lesson, and all those skits we had to do in high school always left my hands cold and shaking with stage fright.

They said they were looking for a voice with personality enough to pull off the protean role of Carrie. And yet she's a 38-year-old smoker, so one can't sound too young and perky. Plus, the script given was a rather troubled and contemplative one: her struggle with the secret burden of an affair with the married Mr. Big. All this in a 30-second TV spot.

My hopeful contest entry, as promised.
Sex and the City Voiceover
I don't know why it skips upon first play, but runs fine when you restart the piece.

If I never hear from them, I can always tell myself it was the wrong bit rate and I simply didn't have the time to get it right. Still, "ihopeiwinihopeiwinihopeiwin..."

3 comments:

roxy said...

off topic ...

i love reading you, especially when i read the post about you guys being debt free soon. you'll get there, eventually. god knows we all will.

btw - if i get a visa, and if i decide to attend my uncle's wedding, it'll be in texas. i hope i can meet you and patrick then.

faerah said...

many thanks. Praise is dear from one whose blog i also enjoy reading every day.

When's the visa? when's the wedding? So many ifs, congrats to the happy couple and we would be glad to have you over. I hope it'll be soon tho, because there's a chance that we might be moving to either atlanta or miami in 3 to 6 months. Yeah, i know it sounds like a prison sentence.

Doesn't it feel odd to say you'll be attending an uncle's wedding? And can/will your bro be coming over too?

Anonymous said...

they're making a sex and the city cartoon? omigod, that'll be something. i hope you win, too.

wait, wait, i'm lost. you're moving? and jen's expecting? had i been living under a rock or something? but, congrats to all of you. :)