Thursday, October 06, 2005

red dread

I daresay D'Orsays are my favorite shoe style.

I love shoes and hate my feet. I know, I know. The poor, hardworking things that support me and get me from place to place despite being overworked and underappreciated. Not to mention crammed into pointy spaces that correspond little if at all to the feet's natural shape. I don't like to see them. Particularly toes and heels -- ugh! D'Orsays keep them out of sight, where they belong.

The day I broke in my new shoes I decided I was going to look more professional at work from now on, and that I would wear heels at least twice a week.

A week has past and I am dreading slipping The Red Shoes back on. The balls of my feet are slightly callused, and there is an odd clenching in my feet that a week's trudging in Nikes has not relieved. The shoes themselves fit wonderfully. It's just been a really long time since I've worn heels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh! i have black d'orsay shoes with an ankle fastener or whatever you call it! they're from rampage, and i got them on sale from the bon/macy's a couple years ago.

h

faerah said...

Our shoes are sisters! How cute is that?!

K said...

oh, i have to agree with you. d'orsays are nice.

it's funny. everyone seems to be talking shoes lately.