Monday, October 10, 2005

gone up in smoke

the whole cigarette plan, that is. Patrick vetoed the idea this morning, with no chance for appeal.
tomorrow's my saturday and i've been asked to come to work. Two hours earlier than usual.

I am tired and discouraged and worried and sad but my red shoes, silly things, are happy. I wore them to work today with a long black skirt that showed them off quite nicely. The shoes got male attention today: from "Nice shoes" (which i think is guyspeak for "Those heels are fabulous!") to "Pointy red shoes!" to "How in the hell do you walk around in those?"

I hurt my shoes today. They have since forgotten and are still basking in the memory of the day's outing, but when I look at them and remember I am sad. I stumbled backwards earlier and caught the back of one heel against a metal edge. The patent leather is peeled back just a bit, the size of this O, revealing white plastic. It's only been the third day I've worn them.

A male coworker who's probably my age asked me today what color teal is. Why don't guys know shades besides say, puke green and gunmetal gray?

~*~*~*

Currently crazy about:
chocolate
getting people to vote on the proposed texas constitutional amendments, which reminds me...

~*~*~*

Nov 8th is the November 2005 Constitutional Amendments Election. If you're registered to vote in the state of Texas, or know someone who is, do make sure that you do your part. Of particular importance is HJR 6, which would "provide that marriage in Texas is solely the union of a man and woman, and that the state and its political subdivisions could not create or recognize any legal status identical to or similar to marriage, including such legal status relationships created outside of Texas".

Nov 8, get out and vote!

No comments: